Purchasing/Procurement

Posted by Ray | Posted on 12:32 AM

Honestly, I have yet to be able to understand what the difference is. But that's not why I decided to take a bit of time out to post, no siree.

There was this man I met when I was at a previous job, a man who nailed a job as a Manager in Maju Holdings, one of the reputable local conglomerates. I recall very vividly his saying that he finds it personally offensive when he hears people comparing Malaysia to Singapore, out of his Bumi pride. There was this bitterness and anger that I could feel beneath his pride, something I believe is common to a number of others who share similar ethnicity as this man when faced with a question like "Dude, why the hell Malaysia so pariah compared to Singapore leh? Your kind can't run Govt like their kind in SG isit?

I've been going through a bit of a turbulent period recently. I'm not penniless, but far from making progress to even save up. I've been drawing Excel charts and whatnots to keep track of finances, but believe me, there is always something that comes up and punches the wind out of my piggy bank's guts.



Pretty naturally, there are things in life that I would love to afford, things that fall in my 'wants' rather than 'needs' (which is a bulging list in itself). The frustration I feel at not being able to cross off items off either lists is overwhelming, and I sense it pouring over at this point; hence this rant.

So that's why I started off with the Malaysia vs Singapore story. The 'elites' of this country are content with their pride, so much so they fail to see that besides masturbating their egos with politics and oppression of the country's minority, we Malaysians have got our feet dipped in shit. Not that drastic that we're in deep shit (I foresee not gonna be long), but in fecal matter nonetheless.

As all my posts have an image to go along with it, here, feast your eyes on this, as this is my main point for this rant:



32 minutes to buy a kg of rice, as compared to 17 minutes in Singapore. 52 hours to buy an iPod Nano as compared to 27.5 in Singapore.

Have your pride pay for the food that fills your fat belly, Mr. Maju-Manager. Thanks to your kind for screwing us all up. Looking at the way your kind runs the country, perhaps it would have been better you had been ruled by immigrants than be declared independent.


*I am by no means an overt racist, although I have my prejudices and biases. I just have this issue with the finger-pointers and ISA-wolf-cryers who actively abuses and lords over the minority of the country.

Comments (1)

no wonder they say being a waiter in uk can earn more thn execs in this country..